Valorization of seafood products through processes that reduce their environmental impact.
Objectives of the program:
- Quantification and selection of different seafood products ellaborated in CABOMAR.
- Determination of the processing needs of products to allow adequate, stable and microbiologically safe storage in CABOMAR.
- Characterization of chitin obtained, based on its structure, composition, molecular weight, and degree of deacetylation.
- Nutritional and sensory characteristics of the seafood products transformed once the edible coatings made from chitin have been incorporated. Assessment of the possibility of marketing under the declaration of nutritional properties “source of fiber”, according to the provisions of EU Regulation 1924/2006.
- Marketing of seafood products processed with chitinous coatings.
| EXECUTION PERIOD 01/09/2020 to 31/08/2022
| PLACE Marin, Pontevedra.
AMOUNT | 420.343€
The Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI), through the Research and Development Projects Program, has approved the ECOPROCESS initiative, Valorization of chitinous by-products of fishery products through processes that reduce their environmental impact.